Monday 6 October 2014

Planning

After researching two chick-flick openings, I have started to plan my own film opening. When i looked at the film Saturday night fever the train that represents John Travolta's emotional journey. In this scene he is overly confident as he walks to his job .

This gave me the idea of using a train in my film opening. In this case my protagonist is a young woman dressed very smartly on her way to work experience at a very chic office. The audience should believe that she actually works at the office, we see her texting her friend about an important meeting. As she enters the office she passes models in the hallway and she seems very at home in the bosses chair.

It is only when the actual boss comes in and snaps at the girl that we realise she is just on work experience.

We haven't yet decided where the location of the office will be because the office needs to look chic and smart to correctly fit the surroundings. The location is crucial because if it is not right I will loose marks. The background in the set needs to be right as well, so far we are thinking of having a mannequin in the background with someone measuring around it.


I think a good idea would be to include some catchy and cheery music at the beginning to fit the stereotypical chick-flick film.

No comments:

Post a Comment